Friday, May 27, 2016

Time to Open the Garden! Yay!!


We live in West Michigan and I've learned the hard way to wait to plant my garden.  Mother's day weekend always seems like the perfect time to start planting veggies and flowers.  It took me a couple years to except the reality of the weather in the Spring.  I've lost many a plants to frost and snow from planting to early.  This mother's day the weather was nice so we opened up the garden, which means getting it ready for planting.
 





My girls like to get their hands dirty too!  We started by removing the hay from the beds and weeding.



We took a little picnic lunch break.  


To help enrich the soil I like to add used coffee grounds.  I used a rake to mix them into the soil.



Wow, looks so much better.  We had a great day being outside and checkin' things off the list!!





Thanks for stoppin' by!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment