Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Summer Time

Summer time in the Kelley house.

 Right when we got home we starting cleaning out our pool.  This little guy was at the bottom.  The girls pleaded with me to keep it.  After explaining that he wouldn't have a very good life in a tank or cage we decided to set him free.  So operation turtle relocation was under way.





 He was very happy to be in his new home.  Operation turtle relocation was a success.  Mission complete.






The next order of business or pleasure in my case was to plant my flowers.  I try to buy mostly perennials but you always need a few pots on annuals cause they're just so pretty.  Most of my terra cotta pots are filled with lavender and marigolds two plants that help repel mosquito's and other bugs.  Not only that but when the weather turns I replant the lavender in my flower beds.







I have a love affair with purple flowers and lavender smells so good.





This is the 3rd year the girls have attended some of the art camps in Whitehall.  It's such a great program and thanks to generous families it is a great price.  This camp was all about the art of tie dying.  They had a great time being messing and honestly better there than in my house.  I'm not a neat freak and let my kids do a lot of crafts but this one was one heck of a mess.  If you try it at home I suggest you go outside.  LOL




No fourth of July is complete without the Annual Point Picnic.  This year we had more family attend.  My husband's sister Kelley, her husband Scott and their adorable baby girl Ellie moved here last summer.  We are excited to see them more and hope to plan more things in the future.  I miss having a big family around us. 
 This years picnic was a extra special being it the 100 year anniversary of the great game of Crolf. 





Here is some Crolf equipment from over the years.







Cupcake...need I say more!?!


Waiting for the fireworks to start.  Hart Sparks over Hart Lake.


 Summer is in full swing now and is flying by.  It has been really humid here lately and with no ac in the house we have to find other ways to keep cool. 






Bomb Pops and watermelon in the pool are a sure sign that Summer is here!!  Yum!







 Water balloon fight and swimming.  Keeping cool anyway we can.



 Thanks for stoppin' by!


0 comments:

Post a Comment