Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Be Prepared!!! Part One

Not only is it the Girl Scout moto but just a good rule to live by!!

Here is how I started to prepare things for my first craft show.

*Finding and Making my Booth Sign*

I knew I was going to need a sign for my booth.  So I had been keeping an eye out for different things.  I found a unique door at the habitat for humanity store so I picked it up.  I also picked up a very cool easel from goodwill.  At the time I didn't know what I was going to use it for, which is often the case lol!  Here is what I came up with. 

I screwed two of the easel boards to the back of the door.  I replaced the chain with a longer one that I picked from Home Depot.


 I applied 3 coats of chalkboard paint to the recessed areas.  Make sure you follow the directions on the can.


I've used this product many times and have always had good luck!!


After I finished painting and everything was dry I took my mouse sander and distressed the edges a bit.


I love how it turned out.  

Be Prepared!! Part Two

Thanks for stoppin' by!


0 comments:

Post a Comment