Wednesday, January 13, 2016

My First Two Craft Shows

Well, I guess I was a little crazy to start such a big project around the holidays.  I definitely learned a few things but first I'd like to say.....

I had an AMAZING show, it went better than I could have excepted!!!!!

Lesson #1 Supply and demand.  Always plan for the best scenario!!  My first and second shows were back to back weekends.  I did so well and sold out of so many things that I turned into a crazy women the week in between the shows.  I was running and picking up supplies, sanding, staining and painting till the wee hours of the morning of the second show. 

I received such wonderful feedback from customers and fellow crafters.  I really felt welcomed and proud that people seemed to like my booth.  I had a few people tell me they loved my style and wanted my card.  I'm so glad I had them ready because I handed out quite a few.

I will say that it was a LOT of work and b/c I don't have a truck or trailer and have many large items it was an issue.  My husband helped me, thank God, haul and set up the booth. 

Lesson #2 pricing.  I had a few people tell me that my prices were too low lol!  I really struggled with pricing not having any experience and to be perfectly honest I didn't keep track of my hours while I was making things which didn't help.  I did however keep track of my hours the week in between and realized that I did have a few things priced to low.  Time is money, right?

Lesson #3 Don't be afraid!!  It usually works out better than you thought it would.

Tip: If you are on the fence about excepting credit cards, do it.  I knew I wanted and ended up going with The Square and it worked great and the device was free!  I had a few CC sales so it was worth it.

Here are a few pictures of my booths!! 

I'm just starting to setup for my first show in Pentwater.


The booth next to me didn't show so I was able to take a little extra room.  Normally it's a 10x10 booth.



I hand stamped my price tags.


After the show I took my family out to celebrate at a local restaurant The Brown Bear.


 My second show in Shelby was a smaller show and was set up more as a table rather than a booth.






Tip: Always bring something to work on during any slow times. 

All in all it was a great experience and I'm excited to do it again!!

Thanks for stoppin' by!!




0 comments:

Post a Comment